Thursday, October 24, 2013

Halo - by Alex Adornietto

Last night I finished "Halo" by Alex Adornietto. Wow. I thought at times that it might starting getting repetitive or where I could guess what was going to happen. I knew there were four good guys and one bad guy, but how would they defeat a supernatural bad guy demon? I'm not going to spoil it for you, but it was surprising! It looks like angels are the new twist to fiction -- moving from the dystopian type. Interesting to me that we would move from dystopian (evil government/human) to angels! But I am loving it and I appreciate that the authors so far have understood the Bible and researched all the angel legends so well in order to create the novels. I came in to work today and immediately grabbed "Hades" off the shelf to start it tonight!

After I finished "Halo," I started "Teardrop" by Lauren Kate. It's her newest novel that was just released on Tuesday. It's not an angel novel so far that I can tell. There is definitely supernatural powers at work, but even at 58% through the book, I haven't figured out all the supernatural/paranormal powers at work. It's keeping me on my toes and kept me up late last night reading it. My eyes were closing as I read but I still couldn't put the book down!

We will be getting those "Teardrop" soon! I am putting an order in for it and some other new releases at the beginning of next week. Keep checking in to see if we have it yet!

If you have books you would like ordered, please just stop in here at the library and leave the titles/series with me or Mrs. Navarrette. I'm always looking for new books!

Have a great day and learn lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment